- Smoking, eating, or drinking is not permitted on any BTD vehicle.
- Only personal assistance animals are permitted in any BTD vehicle.
- Loud or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar comments will be cause for immediate removal from the vehicle and possible loss of ridership privileges.
- Passengers may not leave personal items on the bus. BTD is not responsible for personal items left on the bus. Passengers may call BTD at (800)272-0039 or (979)778-4480 to find out about any personal items they may have left on the vehicle. If recovered, BTD will hold personal items for thirty (30) days prior to disposal.
- Strollers are permitted. Children must be removed from the stroller and the stroller must be folded up and patron waiting and ready to board when the bus arrives. Upon boarding the stroller may then be stowed in the row with the patron.
- Drivers are restricted from entering any home or facility.
- BTD reserves the right to restrict certain items on all buses. Ex: shopping carts, wagons, luggage trolley, wheel barrows, trunks, appliances, etc.
- Drivers are required to transport customers to the pre-scheduled destination indicated on the driver's manifest. Drivers are not allowed to make any destination changes.
- Riding BTD’s vehicles under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited. The use of any tobacco products and/or e-cigs are prohibited.
- Audio/music players are not permitted to be played aloud while on any vehicle of BTD.
- Boarding with uncovered health-related open sores and wounds; visible bodily fluids on clothing or skin is not permitted.
- Boarding with ailments that would cause a direct threat to the health and safety of others is not permitted.
- Do not enter or use BTD’s services, system and property if such person currently has, or is exhibiting known or suspected symptoms of an infectious disease that endangers public health.
- Panhandling and soliciting are not allowed.
- Shirt, pants/shorts/skirt and shoes are required.
- Please do not interfere with the operation of a vehicle, including by talking to the operator while the vehicle is in motion.
- Spitting, urinating, defecating or exposing one’s body parts will be subject for immediate removal from the vehicle and possible loss of ridership privileges.
- Please do not perform tasks of basic hygiene, like clipping nails or flossing teeth while on board our vehicles.
- Drivers do not perform medical assistance.
- BTD does not provide child safety seats. Passengers traveling with a child that requires a child safety seat will have to provide the required seat. Per state of Texas law children younger than 8 years old, unless taller than 4’9”, are required to be in the appropriate child safety seat system wherever they ride in a passenger vehicle.
Suspension of Service
The following infractions may result in a temporary to permanent suspension of BTD services. Unless noted below, the suspension may result in 30 working days for the first occurrence, 60 working days for the second occurrence, 90 working days for the third occurrence. The fourth occurrence may result in permanent suspension from riding any BTD bus.
- Loud and/or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar remarks directed
at other passengers, or any staff member of BTD.
- Making threats to harm the driver or other passengers on board.
- Making threats to kill the driver, BTD staff, or other passengers.
- Dangerous and disruptive behavior and/or physical abuse; defined as any action that could cause direct or indirect physical harm to the driver, vehicle, other passengers, any person, or BTD employee. Under the Patriot Act of 2001 violent acts against mass transportation workers, passengers, vehicles and facilities are federal crimes. This will result in permanent suspension from all BTD services.
- Riding BTD’s vehicles under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Use of any tobacco products and/or e-cigs are prohibited.
- Fare evasion.
- Refusing to exit the vehicle.
- Disturbing the driver while on route.